"The California Public Utilities Commission and the state’s municipal utilities should adopt policies and incentives that promote the development of energy storage."
Jerry Brown, "Jobs For California's Future"
- The DOE Global Energy Storage Database provides free, up-to-date information on grid-connected energy storage projects and relevant state and federal policies.
- CES's StorageIQ is a subscription service that provides regular reports on U.S. state, regional (ISO/RTO) and federal market and regulatory initiatives relevant to the storage industry, along with analysis of what it means. It covers the CAISO, PJM, NYISO, MISO, ERCOT, ISO-NE, and SPP markets.
*For new CESA subscribers, CES offers a discount. Buy two markets at full price and get a third market at a 25% discount. This is on top of CES's normal volume discount. Contact Juan Diaz at email@example.com or (267) 238-1883
The Case For Energy Storage
- Energy Storage for the Electricity Grid: Benefits and Market Potential Assessment Guide, Sandia National Laboratories
- Energy Storage a Crucial Step for Renewable Electricity, Photovoltaics World, November 2010
- Bottling Electricity: Storage as a Strategic Tool for Managing Variability and Capacity Concerns in the Modern Grid, Department of Energy Electric Advisory Committee
- Investing in our Energy Future, Secretary Steven Chu, US Department of Energy
- Energy Storage Supplement, Transmission and Distribution World, August 2009
- Estimating the value of electricity storage in PJM: Arbitrage and some welfare effects
- E3 & StrateGen: Statewide Joint IOU Study of Permanent Load Shifting
- CPUC: Electric Energy Storage, An Assessment of Potential Barriers and Opportunities
- Renewable Energy World, Energy Storage: Will We Find the Holy Grail?
- Renewable Energy World, Energy Storage Roundtable (Video)
- Go Green Radio: Energy Storage with Janice Lin & Bryron Washom, June 3, 2011 (MP3)
Storage and Smart Grid
- Smart Grid: Enabler of the New Energy Economy, Department of Energy Electric Advisory Committee
- The Smart Grid: An Introduction, US Department of Energy
- Smart Microgrids, Galvin Electricity Initiative
Storage Paired with Generation Technology
- Draft White Paper on Over-supply and Shortage of Downward Ramping Supply in Off Peak Hours, California ISO
- Solar Energy Grid Integration Systems – Energy Storage (SEGIS – ES), Sandia National Laboratories
- Coordinated Multi-Objective Control of Regulating Resources in Multi-Area Power Systems with Large Penetration of Wind Power Generation
- Integration of Renewable Resources, CA ISO
- Optimizing Natural Gas Combustion with Thermal Energy Storage and Turbine Inlet Chilling
- KEMA: Research Evaluation of Wind Generation, Solar Generation, and Storage Impact on the California Grid
Storage for Regulation
- Assessing the Value of Regulation Resources Based on Their Time Response Characteristics
- A Smart Grid Approach to Regulation and Ramping
- Emissions Comparison for a 20MW Flywheel-based Frequency Regulation Power Plant
- US Department of Energy: The Wide Area Energy Storage and Management System - Battery Storage Evaluation