In accordance with Ordering Paragraph 2 of Decision (D.) 17-04-039, SCE, PG&E, and SDG&E are jointly convening the first of two workshops on the implementation of AB 2868 on September 14, 2017, from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The workshop will be held at the CPUC's headquarters in San Francisco, in the Golden Gate Room. Please plan to attend in person if possible. The second of the two workshops will be scheduled for October 2017. Notice and details will be provided separately.
During these two workshops, SCE, PG&E and SDG&E will address the implementation topics required to be discussed at the workshops by D.17-04-039, Section 4.2 (pp. 21-22). Specifically, the utilities are planning to cover the following topics on September 14, with the remainder to be addressed during the October workshop:
· Defining the statutory factors;
· Acceptable weighting of the statutory factors to evaluate projects;
· Defining attributes of energy storage management systems;
· Role of energy storage management systems, including utility dispatch of storage systems;
· How to determine whether a distributed energy storage system achieves ratepayer benefits, maximizes overall benefits and minimizes overall costs;
· Applicability of protocols used to evaluate bids under the existing Storage Procurement Framework;
· How to measure reduced petroleum dependence;
· How to measure reduced greenhouse gas emissions and meeting air quality standards;
· Applicability of the Consistent Evaluation Protocol (CEP);
· Changes to the CEP to evaluate AB 2868's distributed energy storage resources
An agenda, meeting materials and instructions for participating remotely in
Workshop #1 will be provided in advance of the workshop. If you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.