CESA’s invitation-only Annual Market Development Forum (MDF) brings together over 200 executives for an intimate meeting focused on growing the ecosystem for grid-connected energy storage in California. Now in its 9th year, the MDF is structured to encourage out-of-the-box thinking, constructive dialogue on resolving barriers and realizing opportunities, networking, and relationship building.
This premier event provides direct access to high-level executives from CESA member companies, California's investor-owned and publicly-owned utilities, CAISO, CPUC, Legislature, and CEC. We intentionally limit attendance to this important market-making event to ensure an intimate and collaborative environment!
The Market Development Forum (MDF) will take place on March 1, 2017 in Berkeley, California
Location: David Brower Center, 2150 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
What to expect: Key topics to be explored include:
- Wholesale and retail strategies for managing a changing grid
- Energy storage capacity as a planning tool
- Storage as a non-wires alternative
- Organizational and strategic shifts at California utilities
- The view from Sacramento
- Check out last year's 2016 Market Development Program
Past speakers at the Market Development Forum (MDF) include:
- Carla Peterman, Commissioner, CPUC
- Mike Florio, Commissioner, CPUC
- Gabe Petlin, Senior Regulatory Analyst, Energy Division, CPUC
- Mark Ferron, Governor, CAISO
- Lorenzo Kristov, Principal, Market & Infrastructure Policy, CAISO
- Karen Douglas, Commissioner, CEC
- Mark Esguerra, Principal, Distributed Resources Planning, PG&E
- Rohan Ma, Director, Grid Engineering Solutions, SolarCity
- Ed Cazalet, CEO & Founder, TeMix, Inc.
“Well done! I loved the open dialogue and the 'collaborative, out of the box thinking' undertone of the meeting. We were all there together to get it done. CESA did an excellent job.”
- Byron Washom, Director, Strategic Energy Initiatives, University of California, San Diego
“It was great to meet with all the key stakeholders in energy storage. A highly productive event! We look forward to another exciting gathering next year.”
- Erica He, Director, New Business Development, Sumitomo Electric, USA
"Networking was excellent, as was the venue."
- Mirko Wutzler, Director, Business Development, German American Chamber of Commerce
Tickets: Tickets will be available to CESA members and select invitees in the coming months. Invited guests will be provided with a special registration code to purchase tickets. Stay tuned!
Travel: The David Brower Center is located a block from the Downtown Berkeley BART station. Limited street and garage parking is available. As for lodging, Hotel Shattuck Plaza (2086 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704) is CESA's preferred hotel. To make a reservation, guests can contact Katrina Yang (Reservations Manager) at 510-225-6002 or email@example.com and ask for the 15% Strategen discount.
Sponsorship: There are limited sponsorship opportunities to boost exposure in front of this exclusive group of market makers. Sponsorship also includes complimentary passes. Past sponsors include PG&E, SCE, SDG&E, DC Systems, Emerson Network Power, Troutman Sanders, Wells Fargo, and CalCharge. For more information about sponsorship levels and benefits, please see the Sponsorship Application.
Contact Zoe Fishman at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about sponsorship opportunities.
Contact: For more information on the program or CESA, please contact Jin Noh at email@example.com or 510-665-7811 x109